The system provides for online monitoring of pH & conductivity. The Purified Water is kept under constant circulation through closed loop system, during distribution and storage. The Purified Water is also monitored for the TOC and microbiological & chemical purity. The system is equipped with U.V. lights for ensuring elimination of the dissolved Ozone before actual usage of the Purified Water.
Salient features and system parameters :
- Reverse Osmosis system.
- Electro De-ionization system.
- The Purified Water circulation loops are made out of SS 316L Electro-polished and the joints by Fusion Technology (Orbital Welding Technique).
- TOC of Purified Water : less than 400 ppb.
- Conductivity of Purified Water : less than 1.0 µ siemens/cm.
Type of Filters :
- Multi-grade filter: filled with gravels for filtration of suspended particulate matter.
- Pre-Filter No.1 of 5 µ porosity and Pre-filter No.2 of 10 µ porosity. Both these filters are placed before reverse osmosis unit.
- Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
Frequency of Sampling of Purified Water :
Purified Water is sampled from various points as per the authorised SOP per International Regulatory standards. The frequency is to be decided on the basis of validation data and the risk assessment for individual dosage form. Till the system is completely validated and the trend regarding the microbial and chemical purity of the water is established, the sampling is to be carried out everyday from all the user points.
Other important Services :
- Dust Extraction System (DE System)
- Compressed Air System
- Steam Boiler & Supply System
- Effluent Treatment Plant [E.T.P.]
- Captive Power Generation & Supply System (D.G. Set)
- HT / LT Power Supply
- Fire Fighting System